This forum is a trade fair and knowledge sharing platform for carbon investments in Africa. It is a place to discuss the latest development in the carbon market and how the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and other mitigation mechanisms can be successful in Africa. The Africa Carbon Forum includes matchmaking and deal facilitation sessions where carbon project developers can showcase their projects to investors and carbon buyers. Participants can expect:
- updates on recent developments in the international carbon market;
- information on the challenges dealing with global climate change;
- discussions with project developers and technical specialists from various sectors and technologies;
- best practices and lessons learned from the implementation of Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) projects in Africa;
- sessions with respected experts from the public and private sector on strategies and measures promoting the benefits of the CDM in Africa emphasizing the new Programmatic CDM approach;
- opportunities for CDM project developers to showcase projects to private sector representatives in matchmaking and deal facilitation sessions;
- building networks and finding partners throughout the forum.